Group Admins

• Profile picture of Kati Morton

Depression & Anxiety

Public Group active 1 hour, 44 minutes ago

This is a place to talk about our experiences and lend support to one another. I know that depression and anxiety often come together. When we aren’t feeling anxious we are feeling depressed, and vice versa. I hope this can give you all a safe place to get some support and encouragement.

Leaving therapy at a hard time

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Nuria Nuria 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Leaving therapy at a hard time

• Tera

hi,
    i have depression and i have been to therapy for two months.
    i struggle with dissociation, suicidal thoughts (and almost attempts) and self harm.
    the last session my therapist told me that this is our last session due to cutting hours in the center she is working in.
    the thing is that it took me so much time to open up in front of her, and at the time i felt safe to start talking i had to stop going to therapy. it would be impossible for me to see another therapist now.
    my depression, self harm and suicidal urges are getting so much worse.
    i feel hopeless about getting better.

Jen

I wish I could respond in a helpful and constructive way to your post. What I can do is say I can understand how you might be feeling as I’m in a similar situation (except my therapist is going on maternity leave). I feel like it could have been me writing your post. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone in feeling like you do xxx

Nuria

I feel you.. I’m in a similar situation and I have been in this situation a few times before.. I still don’t know how to handle this.. I only know that the reason I’ve kept looking for help elsewhere even though everything in me screamed to just stop because it’s hopeless, is for the people around me that care for me, because I don’t want to let them down and because I want to have children one day and I want to be the best mother I can be..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.