Group Admins

• Profile picture of Kati Morton

Depression & Anxiety

Public Group active 1 hour, 50 minutes ago

This is a place to talk about our experiences and lend support to one another. I know that depression and anxiety often come together. When we aren’t feeling anxious we are feeling depressed, and vice versa. I hope this can give you all a safe place to get some support and encouragement.

Healing scars.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Rebecca Rebecca 3 months, 1 week ago.

Healing scars.

• Daniel

Hey all, i’ve previously posted on here about issues with self harm and i’m pleased to say first and foremost that for the last few months ive been clean. There is an issue though and im sure it is quite a common one, since ive stopped ive been waiting for the scars to fade a little bit, i know they probably wont all completely disappear, but still i wouldve thought they’d be a little less noticeable by this point. I know about the different creams that can help cover them a bit but im just curious if any of you know how long it usually takes to stop being so visible, just so that i can stop obsessing over the fact that they’re still here (hopefully).
    thanks guys!

sally

It really depends how deep are your wounds, the deeper it is it takes longer to stop being so visible. I know this because is my 1 year being clean of self harm.

Rebecca

I agree on what is said above: it really depends on how deep your wounds are. Mine were superficial (according to myself at least…) and I stopped cutting a couple of years ago in the winter, thinking that no one could see anything in summer. Unfortunately I was wrong. I could see the scars quite obvious for over a year (sorry if that upsets you). After 2 years I thought they would never fade away, but a year later they began fading away and then it went really quickly. Now, after about 5 years, even I have a hard time finding them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.