Group Admins

• Profile picture of Kati Morton

Depression & Anxiety

Public Group active 13 hours, 10 minutes ago

This is a place to talk about our experiences and lend support to one another. I know that depression and anxiety often come together. When we aren’t feeling anxious we are feeling depressed, and vice versa. I hope this can give you all a safe place to get some support and encouragement.

Does depression and anxiety come and go?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mehmet 3 months ago.

Does depression and anxiety come and go?

• Hi,
    My husband and I moved from Australia to the UK one year ago. I was a nurse in Australia but due to current laws, I am unable to work as a nurse in the UK. This big change was very hard for me. For the months of April to September I fell into a really dark place, not able to get out of bed/off the sofa, crying all the time, feeling like a failure etc etc, suicidal ideation, as well as anxiety so bad that I could hardly even go for a walk outside without having an anxiety attack. I have never suffered from feelings like this before in my life. So….I went to my GP (in the UK) and asked for help. He referred me to an NHS counsellor. Due to the pressures within the NHS, I had to wait almost three months to see the counsellor. The first two months wait was pretty awful because I was feeling so low and the anxiety so bad. However this last months wait, my mood seems to have improved and my anxiety lessening. I still don’t feel like I’m completely back to normal, but i feel so much better than the last few months – no more suicidal ideation, I’m able to go to my job, able to sit in a busy restaurant with minimal anxiety. Is it normal to feel ‘so low’ and then within a few weeks feel ‘okay’? I am booked into start my counselling sessions next week but not I’m feeling a bit silly, because I am feeling much better. And i feel like perhaps the counselling sessions could go to someone more needing/in a worse position than me. I dont know if the bad feelings will creep back, or if I’m getting better by myself…..???

Hi,

Sorry you went through all that:( My anxiety and depression also come and go. But even if you feel silly going to a counselor now that you’re feeling better, it might be good to go just to get their input on what they think happened and what to do if it comes back. You don’t have to go to all the sessions they give you if you don’t feel you need to.

Glad you’re feeling better! Take care.

Hi Libby,
    Thanks so much for your reply 🙂 Does it come and go for months at a time? Because it was so bad for about six months but then the past 3-4 weeks I have felt okay (no where near 100%, but a big improvement from before). It just seems strange to me! But…..I have no idea about this stuff so…..
    I’ll go to the sessions and ask the therapist about it, but I’m just anxious about whether it will all come back again :/
    Thanks

Hi Elise,
    I am having professional help for almost 4 years and still my depression and anxiety come and go. For me, sometimes my mood changes even in seconds. About therapy sessions, I think you should go to sessions when your mood allows you. I mean, there will be times you will want to see a therapist and will not want not see a therapist. It might look hard to do things but we need to fight with ourselves sometimes. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. But If you ask me you are getting better. Feeling different moods kind of a good sign of getting better in some situations. Hope you will be way better than now:) Take care.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.