I know many of you have struggled, or continue to struggle with Postpartum Depression (PPD), and that’s why I agreed to help spread awareness about a PPD clinical research study on behalf of Sage Therapeutics! Below you will see information about the study. I hope this is helpful and reminds you that you are not alone! #sponsored
This post is sponsored by Sage Therapeutics, the sponsor of the Hummingbird Study.
Doctors are conducting a research study for women with postpartum depression.
You may not be able to stop crying and worrying about your baby, but take comfort in knowing you are not alone.
Postpartum depression (PPD) symptoms can be serious and shouldn’t be ignored. If you think you may have PPD, you may be eligible to participate in the Hummingbird Study, which is evaluating an investigational medication in women who have had a baby within the last 6 months and are suffering from moderate to severe postpartum depression.
Postpartum depression symptoms may begin to appear as early as the third trimester of pregnancy or within the first few weeks after childbirth.
SYMPTOMS OF MODERATE TO SEVERE POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION MAY INCLUDE:
- Frequent feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities
- Changes in appetite
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or blaming yourself for things that aren’t your responsibility
- Trouble bonding with your baby
- Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
You may qualify to participate if you:
- Are between 18 to 45 years old
- Gave birth within the last 6 months
- Are experiencing moderate to severe postpartum depression symptoms
If you qualify and decide to participate, you will receive:
- Study-related care during the 3-day, in-patient period
- All study-related medical care and medication are provided at no cost
- Transportation may be provided for those who require assistance
Call 844-608-0808, Text MOM8 to 87888, or visit thehummingbirdstudy.com to see if you pre-qualify.