Group Admins

• Profile picture of Kati Morton

Depression & Anxiety

Public Group active 8 hours, 49 minutes ago

This is a place to talk about our experiences and lend support to one another. I know that depression and anxiety often come together. When we aren’t feeling anxious we are feeling depressed, and visa versa. I hope this can give you all a safe place to get some support and encouragement.

Attempts and Telling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Star Star 2 months, 1 week ago.

Attempts and Telling

• Profile photo of InvisibleT

Long story short, I am on 5mg of my medication (not much I know) last week I took 6 times my dose because I didn’t want to be here and wanted to escape but decided to stop before taking more for some reason…
    My case worker has been away on holidays for 2 weeks and the mental health place I live at told me I had to tell them.. So I did… They asked the general questions if I feel safe etc, which I said yes even though I didn’t…
    I’ve been in a bad place and wanting to do it again.. I see my case worker tomorrow but im scared to tell her… shes put me in emergency before I don’t want her locking me up…

I don’t feel safe with myself but I don’t want to bother or bug people.. 🙁 I haven’t been on meds long, I feel like I should just tke myself off them and throw them out.. to try stay safe..

Profile photo of Miriam

Hey there

First I want you to know that you don’t bother or bug people by telling them what’s going on or asking for help. Actually that’s what you have to do to get help. If you tell people that a you’re struggling you can get the help you need and deserve.
    Even though I don’t know how your mental health system works (assuming you live in a different country) I’m sure your care worker is trying to do the best she can to help you. So you don’t need to be afraid of telling her about your problems.
    I don’t know which meds you’re taking but for most it takes some time to get “used” to them before the actually work. So maybe you’re feeling the way you feel bc of that. That doesn’t mean you’re feelings are real or stuff like that, it just means the meds aren’t kicking in the way they’re supposed to already. I can understand that you feel like getting of them on your own but you should never do this without telling your doctor/psychiatrist about it! In my opinion it would be best to inform the doctor/psychiatrist who has prescripted these meds that you don’t feel safe. Maybe they just aren’t working for you or need a different dose.

Try to stay safe. You can do this!

Profile photo of Star

Hello Invisible it Star here as a precaution I would contacted the local pharmacy and ask them some question about some concern you had about skipping some medicine that you are prescribe and ask them the side effect of that. Then explain that you would like to take the prescribed medicine but out of fear that might happen you want to know what would happen. Or you can say I took more than I intended to because I had missed doses and I want to check with the side effect in case I may need medical attention later on. This should you give you some knowledge what to expect. Just in case there was some damaged that were done. I would go someone that take in and out patient and tell that you don’t feel like you can trust yourself and thought that it would be a good idea to surround yourself with people that could give you some sort of support. Or I would go to the local bookstore and stay there until you can feel a little better. These are only suggesting and you don’t have to use any of my suggesting if you do not feel comfortable.

Profile photo of Star

Hello Invisible it Star here, I feel like I can related to you because I am going back to where I am back on that ledge again because of something in my life had trigger me to go back.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.