This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lia 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

This is gonna hit some nerves.

• Hi all,

So I’ve been a follower of Kati from back in the day. From the adorably awkward videos but with bloody sound advice. They were a lifeline at times to be honest. I am so happy that her community has grown and that more and more people can be helped. However, I can’t help but feel, the more I see the insta and twitter feed that it has become less about content and more about YouTube fame. There are more collabs with ‘known people’ rather than a focus on content with professionals. The dietician vid was one of my faves. It’s a tricky one cos I am so excited for her in advancing her career and reach but I worry that the cause is somewhat forgotten.. any OGs on here have thoughts on this?

Hi Laura,

I’ve thought about this, and I think it could be due to the fact that she wants to appear more human like. She’s not a therapist all the time of course, she’s a human at the end of the day. She needs to express some stuff through her instagram and twitter, and I don’t think the cause is forgotten. In one of her instagram posts she said she was working on an anxiety workbook, so it can be to inform people. She is also going to get some people on her set to divide the work, so she can produce videos with better quality.

I think she produces video with people she knows, because it can be hard to find professionals. Also she didn’t like it when they came to her studio as it was embarrassing to her, so she may find professionals now that she has developed her studio.

Hey Ameena,

Thanks for your reply.

Yea I def get what your saying about her being human etc. It must be hard not to get caught up in all the hype. I am genuinely happy for her and the success. I’m glad she’s still doing the workbooks that’s a great tool for many.

I guess I would just say if you’re really struggling and need help, to check back to some of her older vids. A lot of great advice there which really helped me turn a corner. I’m not sure if I was in the same situation now and watched some of the later vids they’d have the same impact that’s all. At the end of the day that’s what matters right? The people so need it really getting the content they need?

These of course are just my feelings etc and not fact as such, it’s just interesting to see how this whole social media stuff evolves.

Much love

Laura

I also would like to add that Kati has mentioned that she will normally collab with someone who has been doing YouTube videos for at least 1 year. I do understand where you guy’s are coming from though.

Things have changed quite a bit (I’m also a follower from back in the day lol)…and sometimes I’m a huge fan of the changes, other times I’m not fond of them at all. I do however think that the changes have brought more people to attention and reach a larger demographic which is pretty awesome in and of itself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.