These are the rules we as a community have created in order to feel safe, please abide by them! Users who don’t respect these goals in chat will be asked to leave.
Chat is not a place to discuss suicide plans or ideation; this may be extremely triggering for others. If you are, or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
- Don’t promote or glorify self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide. Do not post triggering information (weight, numbers, SH details, etc.)
- Practice kindness and empathy when interacting with others in chat. We want chat to be fun, uplifting, and helpful.
- Please refrain from giving medical advice. It’s okay to share experiences with others, but remember that everyone is different, and it’s best to leave diagnosing to professionals.
- If you think someone is behaving inappropriately in chat, say something! Explain to the person why you think their behavior is inappropriate and ask them kindly to stop. If the behavior doesn’t stop, message a moderator or report the user.
- No bullying, or personal jokes about other community members.
If it looks like you’ve violated these policies, we may send you an email and ask you to explain what you’re up to and why. Because, hey, we know context is important, and we want to understand the big picture. If you don’t adequately explain yourself or fix the problem, we may suspend or block your account or remove your content.
If you have any questions, just ask a moderator!
We care a lot about fairness and do our best to act that way. But we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community.
We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion. These policies don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.